YOUR LINK TO RECOVERY
About Alcare Place
- Centrally located at 1374 Robie Street in Halifax, NS.
- Alcare Place can accommodate 11 residents.
- Living room with access to telephone, internet, books, and cable TV.
- Modern kitchen with full amenities. Clients assist in the preparation of meals.
- Dining room with seating for 11.
- 4 air-conditioned bedrooms. Bedrooms are shared by clients.
- There are 3 bathrooms assigned to each of the four bedrooms on the second floor.
- Laundry facilities, washer and dryer, are on site.
- Quiet backyard with picnic tables and lawn chairs.
- All residents are provided with a fitness centre membership.
Alcare Place is operated by a volunteer Board of Directors and is staffed by a dedicated team of individuals with different educational backgrounds, religious views, cultural perspectives and life experiences.
We have a team of 4 full-time and 12 part-time/casual staff members.
The house is supervised 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Executive Director: Phil G. Bissett
Board of Directors:
Chairperson: Walter Yeadon, LL.B (Retired)
Vice-chairperson: James MacGowan, FCA, President, J MacGowan Tax Advisory Limited
Treasurer: Dale Greer
Secretary: Michael Kennedy, BA, Political Science. Grant Development Specialist at Fundsource
Director: Peter Jorna, Bsc Pharm. PhC., Pharmacist
Director: Michael Smith, Retired Financial Investment Professional
Director: Mario Rolle, MSW RSW, Program Coordinator, NS Brotherhood Initiative
Director: Michael Handley, WO (Ret RCAF) CD, CIFFA, SCMP, Certified Supply Chain Management Professional
Director: Allan Mason: Sgt (Ret), J.D., Department of Justice Canada
Director: Mary Woodill
Director: Scott Martin - Central Community Response Office – Halifax Reginal Police
Alcare Place could not operate without the generous support of our friends, donors, sponsors and community partners:
- Nova Scotia Department of Health & Wellness
- Feed Nova Scotia
- Nova Guardian Pharmacy
- The Cosman Family Foundation
- John W. Lindsay YMCA
- The Levenhurst Foundation
- Office Interiors
- Aerobics First #fititforward
- Mental Health Foundation of Nova Scotia
- Sobeys Community Action Fund
- The Halifax Assistance Fund
- United Way Atlantic Compassion Fund For Covid-19 Relief
- Government of Canada Emergency Community Support Fund
- Halifax Community Grants Program
- J &W Murphy Foundation
- Efficiency NS
- Southwest Properties
- Admiral Insurance
- Bryant Realty Atlantic
- TD Canada Trust - Forest Hills Parkway, Cole Harbour, NS
Alcare Place provides a structured, client-centered residential recovery program focused on the development of essential life skills that support long-term success.
Helping adult males help themselves in the ongoing struggle for sobriety from alcohol, drugs, and gambling.
Supporting our clients throughout their treatment and showing them that they can incorporate themselves back into society and live in sobriety.
"By the time I was in my late twenties I was using drugs on a daily basis. My wife left with our daughters and I was all alone, depressed and without hope. I knew I needed help and a friend told me about Alcare Place. I stayed at Alcare for one year and I participated in all of their daily recovery groups and programs. My obsession to use drugs subsided and I learned how to live life on life's terms. Their programs saved my life. I have reunited with my family and I am becoming the loving, caring and responsible husband and father that I always wanted to be."
Contact Alcare Place
Address: 1374 Robie St, Halifax, NS B3H 3E2
General inquiries: 902-423-9565
Application and admission inquiries: 902-423-8076
Our fax number is: 902-423-7348
We acknowledge that Alcare Place is in Mi’kma’ki, the ancestral and unceded territory of the Mi’kmaq.